Yay it’s my dad’s birthday! Too bad his phone died while I was talking to him. Stop growing older Dad!
Andy is a big pussy because he hates Doom.
Today in mythology I fall asleep and begin dreaming about a sandwich. It was on wheat and had a lot of brussel sprouts. And was very tasty. And I half-woke up leaning forward, my eyes half-open, taking bites out of the air.
But luckily I had CPK for lunch – Santa Fe Chicken pizza.
And for dinner I had a tri-tip, baked beans, and a cappuccino. Tasty day.
Zeus was rather angry last night. He went a little crazy so I spent a lot of time doing mythology reading while it rained. Lots of lightning and thunder too. And an earthquake earlier that morning, come to think of it. Poseidon was pissed too. The gods obviously want me to study though.
After I was done with my classes on Friday, gem and I went to Alakazam. We just kinda checked stuff out. She wanted to get a manga so we talked to the guy working there for a while about what she’d like. She decided on Negima volume 1, which is by Ken Akamatsu. She enjoyed it, and it definitely looked like his style. After gem’s class, we went to Sumo for dinner. God, it’s good.
Friday was also the first Live Nude People of the quarter. Man, it was crowded.
Maybe a third to a half of the people got in. Andy, Chris, gem and I sat on the ground. Russ, Lauren, Jimmy, and Lauren’s friend didn’t even get in. We kinda had to push our way in. It was really funny though. If you’re reading this and you went, these were my favorite parts:
Follow me, follow you
Follow he, follow who?
Lints of shame, mother fucker!
But yeah, great fun.
Saturday night I went to a bonfire with Mom, Pete, James, Auntie D., Mitch, Haley, and of course gem. Lotta fun there too. I got stuffed full of smores, hot dogs, and doritos. Back at my mom’s place, we watched Thir13en Ghosts (the remake) and crashed there.
Today I finished Serenity, went over some banking stuff, and studied for jazz. Yay for weekend!
I posted some new photos. Check them out (link is in the upper left). My anniversary and my apartment each have their own sections. A picture of Nina is in the Summer 2005 album.
Yesterday was our anniversary! We didn’t really celebrate fully because of a school… we’re being forced to push celebration forward… PUSH I SAY… to the weekend I s’pose. But it was still a very tasty day. I showered (that’s right) and got to class a half hour late. gem decided to sleep rather than come too. I got a lot done in CSE 23 lab but wasn’t finished. After class I kept working on it at home and finished shortly after I began.
I met up with gem and then went to music. Once again, Jon didn’t show up. Stupid Jon likes to fail. Fail and break his legs. el oh elz. But Jasmine was sitting where gem and I usually sit, which I assume means she was planning on sitting with us =D AND SHE DID. (I like friends.) So anyways, I kept almost falling asleep until the end when we got to listen to the TA people perform ACTUAL jazz. It was much more enjoyable than listening to recordings of pre-jazz crap. They were really good I think.
And then we went to the store and junk like that. I think. I don’t really remember. But I do remember that my Serenity comics came! Woo. I was looking forward to them.
Back at my place, we exchanged gifts. gem made me a new gemma box! I like gemma boxes because they store all my gemma-related goods. She also gave me a journal that she’s filled out with letters to me. And (how cool is this) she made me StarWars pajamas! Yeah, I know you’re jealous. I gave her a bag she was thinking about getting at the vendor fair. In the pocket I put four charms I bought her for her bracelet. She didn’t look in the pocket. I told her to put stuff in the bag to try it, but when she put a phone in the pocket she didn’t feel the little bag with the charms in it. So I told her to take it out. Once again, she didn’t feel the plastic bag. I then told her to push the phone all the way down. She didn’t feel them. Then I told her to take it out. She was getting confused. Then I told her to make sure there was nothing else in the pocket. And THEN she found the charms. Yay lol. Oh and I made her a card. Next topic!
We coded for a while and hers was working before mine actually. This project kinda sucked. It wasn’t that hard it was just that… well… my computer won’t compile anymore. I have to code until I think it’s done and then compile somewhere else. Kind of sucky. Then we went to Andy’s to have him see if our code was too similar. He wasn’t there, but Chris said it looked fine. When we went to submit though, Checkmate (the source code checker thing) was down. We emailed Jacobson but didn’t get a response. So we waited. We actually waited about three hours before just sending our code to him via email and leaving. It was kinda annoying because we wanted to get done so we could go out and then we ended up having to wait because of stupid checkmate. And as it turns out, Jacobson emailed everyone this morning saying that he’s sorry Checkmate was down and that we can turn it in until 11:00 tonight. At least our grade’s okay though.
When ICS out of the way, it was time for tastiness! We went to Mimi’s Cafe because we love the french onion soup there. We thought about just getting soup and going to CPK for the meal but decided we might not have time to get to CPK before it closed. We both had ULTRA TASTY soup though. Seriously, if you haven’t had it, I highly recommend it. Very very good. I really didn’t think it sounded good, but it’s excellent. I also had jambalaya. It had bell peppers, tomato, sausage, shrimp, and chicken. It’s usually served on pasta, but the waiter recommended rice so I went with it. gem ordered the crab cakes. Both were pretty good. And the waiter… I swear, he reminded me so much of Owen Wilson. Except this guy’s nose was straight. His looks, personality, and voice all reminded me of him. That’s pretty cool.
After dinner I went back to gem’s place to sleep there. Her roommate Lauren was sleeping with the door open, with the lights on, without a blanket, and fully dressed. I guess she just got on her bed and accidently fell asleep. I don’t know.
All in all it was a wonderful day! I can’t believe I’ve been with gem for a year. I’ll spare all the lovey dovey crap from the entry because it doesn’t matter to anyone except gem and me. But yay!
Happy anniversary gem! I love you =D
I went to a yoga class last week with gem, and it wasn’t very nice. It just sort of hurt a lot. The class was just called “Yoga.” There was another class called “Beginner’s Yoga,” so we enrolled in that. The first class was today. It was a lot of better. Rather than feel horrible afterward, I feel rather good. We’ll see how it goes =D
| You scored as The Operative. You are dedicated to your job and very good at what you do. You’ve done some very bad things, but they had to be done. You don’t expect to go to heaven, but that is a sacrifice you’ve made for a better future for all.
- Moved in
- Found out that Cox blocking everything
- New phone, Razr
- Family bonfire
- Nnenna Freelon at the Jazz Bakery
- Watched The Grudge with gem, Jon, Gabby, Andy, and Chris for Jon’s birthday
- Went to Knott’s Scary Farm with gem, Jon, and Gabby
- Tungsten C died
- Went to see Goblet of Fire with friends, Lauren in great costume
- Late night Del Taco, drinking, and Next with gem and Allison
- Nickel Nickel with gem and Allison
- jello shots!
- Theater Movies
- Serenity (2005)
- Doom (2005)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Saw II (2005)
- In-Home Movies
- True Lies (1994)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Thir13en Ghosts (2001)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
- The Grudge (2004)
- Starship Troopers (1997)
- Ringu (1998)
- Fargo (1996)
- Ju-on: The Grudge (2003)
- White Noise (2005)
- Doom: Knee-Deep in the Dead
- Starship Troopers
- Graphic Novels
- Serenity: Those Left Behind
- Negima! Vol. 1
- Finished Doom: Shores of Hell
- Finished Doom: Inferno
- Finished Super Mario Bros. in All-Stars without warp pipes, normal and hard
- Got a gold in Super Mario Kart 150cc Star Cup (used to have nothing)
- Finished Super Mario Sunshine
It’s been a while since I’ve posted last.
We were told we could move in Monday the 26th at 8 am, but they later changed that to 3 pm. When we showed up to move in, they said we could put our stuff on the patio, but they still had to shampoo the carpet. They finished that by 5 and said it would take 4 hours to dry. It took a lot longer. I ended up sleeping on the tile floor in the kitchen on top of some cushions. Over the next few days things were still getting set up. They apparently still had some electrical things to do as well as give us our appliances. By Wednesday most of the stuff was fine though. I had most of my stuff with me but no furniture. For the first few days I slept on Will’s couch. By mid/end week, I had my loft bed and new matress. Patrick and Colin did most of the building.
Will’s dad was here a lot working on things. He helped a lot. On his last night, he took Will, Patrick, Colin, and me out to Ruth’s Chris steakhouse. It was amazing. We weren’t expecting it so we were completely underdressed too. The food was great though. After dinner, Will’s dad asks us all to guess how much the bill came to. I guessed $340. Then he pulls out a $100 bill and says that whoever was closest wins it. The bill was $339.95, and he gave me $100. Pretty awesome dinner.
On Friday our couch was delivered. It’s a black leather L-shaped sofa that’s full sized on each arm of the L. Each end is a recliner, but they brought us two left ends and have yet to come bring us the right piece. But it’s really comfortable. That day Dad and James came down. The three of us met gem at the Spectrum to see Serenity. There were a few things I didn’t like about the movie, but all in all, it was excellent. I really hope Firefly lives on. Dad and James really enjoyed it as well, and although she wasn’t as impressed, gem had fun too. After the movie, Dad left, and gem, James, and I had dinner at CPK before leaving James at Mom’s place.
Over the weekend we set up our apartment more. By this time we had all of our appliances – barbecue, George Foreman Grill, blender, coffee/expresso machine, toaster, microwave, etc. The big tv I got from my mom was all set up and on a stand in the living room. Patrick and I both bought a floor lamp for our room. In the living room there’s one normal floor lamp and one that’s the asian paper-box-around-some-lights thing. But we bought the wrong bulbs. I bought a corner desk to go under my loft bed and a matching drawer unit that sits next to the desk and is the same height. I wanted to get another desk too, but Ikea was out of them so I’ll have to go back. That’ll give me a lot of desk space. I also bought a tall slim bookcase to put next to my bed. It doesn’t hold much, but I can put my tv on top to use while I’m in bed. I also bought a normal size bookcase for, well, books. It’s nice to finally have all my books put away rather than in a box or shoved haphazardly on a shelf.
Today are dining room table came. It’s a gorgeous metal frame with glass top. Rather than have inserts that make the table top bigger, on two of the sides you can reach under and slide out and pull up to lock into place a glass piece. This makes the table really huge if pulled out on both sides. It came with six black chairs and a matching glass top credenza. Will bought a cocktail table, but it’s not ready to be picked up yet.
I’ve seen gem a lot obviously. I have three of my four classes with her. I’ve seen her roommates a little but not much. And obviously (again), I’ve seen a lot of Will and Patrick. Colin’s been over a lot too. Andy I see most days at school which is cool. I’ve seen Jimmy, Chris, and Vince a little, and Kevin and D’Ann once or twice. Jon also lives not-so-far-away in Stanford court although I really haven’t seen too much of him or Gabby. I noticed that Jasmine was in my class today and talked to her a little. She’s in Dartmouth too so I’d like to go visit sometime soon. Judy called me today as well for computer help (her problem’s fixed now), and we’re gonna try to meet up tomorrow. I’ve yet to get a hold of Toni, which sucks. I also haven’t met up with Russ yet. Hopefully soon.
Classes are alright. CSE 23 is going smoothly. We have a project due a week from today, and I’m not done of course. But I think it’ll go fine. CSE 31L is a breeze but annoying. The lecture’s useless. The lab is crap because it’s 8-11 two days a week, and I don’t think it’s that important. The TA hardly helps, but we have to have her see our project before we turn it in or do the lab write-up. However, she didn’t mark anything down so maybe I can stop going. We use a language called VHDL to simulate hardware. It’s pretty cool I guess. Classics 45A, a mythology class, is interesting but has a lot of reading. I’m pretty far behind already. Music 78A, history of jazz, is also pretty cool. I have no idea how it’ll go though. Should be fun regardless.
gem is in all the same classes as me except she’s in 31 rather than 31L. However, due to an error people who hasn’t taken 31 were allowed into 31L. Only a handful of students in my 31L class had actually taken 31 so the teacher’s making in easier. Because of this, gemma might join my class there as well. But as of now, she has schedule conflicts.
Okay, that’s all.
- rode bikes with gem in Shoreline Village twice
- listened to Squadcast podcast
- listened to Half Hour Power Hour podcast
- many lunches with gem
- hung out with gem at El Camino a lot
- napping with gem at parks
- sushi with gem
- Cuban food with gem
- watched The Tempest with gem
- Hung out with Chris, Melissa, and Alyson
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Chris, Melissa, Alyson, Herbert, and Herbert’s friend
- Hung out with Herbert
- Hung out with Christine and Linh-Nam
- Santa Monica with gem
- Weeding at my mom’s
- War of the Worlds with Mom, Pete, and James
- Cuban food with Mom and Pete
- LAN party at William’s with William, Linh-Nam, Chris, Russell, Kamal, Lawrence
- Disneyland with gem, Mayra, Mayra’s date Dennis
- Disneyland with Herbert, David, Mike, Genevieve, Chris, Denise, and Denise’s cousin Ryan
- Saw Elon Gold at the Irvine Improv with gem
- Hung out at gem’s Irvine house with her
- Played GunBound with gem
- Signed James up for gmail and taught him to use it
- Signed James up for GunBound and taught him to play it
- Signed James up at MySpace and taught him to use it
- Read at a park on Santa Fe with gem
- Read and ate at a park in Signal Hill with gem
- Went to Boomer’s with Gian, Cheryl, Christine Kang, Allison, William, and Linh-Nam
- Went to Guppy Tea House with William, Linh-Nam, Cheryl, and Gian and ran into David, VJ, Ronelyn, and Anthony
- Went to Hollywood with gem
- Ran into Camille at Taco Bell
- Lots more shopping and hanging out with gem!
- Went to Vegas with my aunt, uncle, and cousins to visit my grandparents
- Took pictures at Signal Hill at night with gem
- Ate curry that gem made me!
- Helped gem at her house, had dinner with Russell and Lauren, visited Andy, Vince and Chris, visited Mom, Pete, and Rocky
- Went to a pet store with gem. Browsed for a while. gem bought dog treats and a pig ear for Nina (she liked them) and a pink collar for the cat (looks cute on her)
- Got new kitten
- Made dinner with gem for Andy, Chris, Stef, Alex
- played Kingdom Hearts
- completed Destroy All Humans!
- completed Final Fantasy II (US)
- played a lot of the Sims 2
- completed River City Ransom in normal mode
- played a lot of GunBound, ranking up three times (single wood hammer -> double metal axe)
- Started playing MapleStory, getting to level 13 Magician
- Beat Dark Alliance in Extreme
- FF7: Advent Children
- FF7: Last Order
- Venus on the Half-Shell
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Short)
- The Standard Book of Spells (Short)
- The Wizard’s Handbook (Short)
- The Princess Bride
- H.G. Wells’ War of the Worlds (2005/I)
- Oldboy (2003)
- White Noise (2005)
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
- Spider-Man 2 (2004)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
- The Butterfly Effect (2004)
- Blue Crush (2002)
- War of the Worlds (2005)
- Soldier (1998)
- Fantasia/2000 (1999)
- The Animatrix (2003)
- The Notebook (2004)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)
- The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (2004)
- American Beauty (1999)