Lantronix product documentation, writer, 2018-2012
I documented IoT hardware and utilities for Lantronix as both HTML and PDF. I used MarkDown, FrameMaker, InDesign, Word, Publisher, and Acrobat.
- Lantronix Provisioning Manager 4.x (HTML) – This user guide was created by me but may have updates from others after I stopped working for Lantronix
- Lantronix Provisioning Manager 3.x (HTML) – This is a previous version of the above documented. This version was only updated by me.
- SGX 5150 User Guide (PDF) – This was maintained and updated by me based on existing documentation.
TaxCaddy Help Center, writer, 2017-2018
I wrote the majority of the content in the TaxCaddy Help Center, including feature documentation, release notes, and issue tracking. I review the content regularly to ensure its accuracy, which required me to have a deep understanding of our software and what’s documented. I took over the management of the Help Center in mid-2017. As such, some content was pre-existing.
Toshiba Knowledge Base, writer, 2011-2016
Toshiba’s support articles in the community Knowledge Base are used for general, non-model specific troubleshooting and information. The Toshiba community, including the Knowledge Base, was taken offline in October 2016. Here you can see a saved .pdf copy of one example. Additional examples can be provided upon request.
Toshiba How-To on YouTube, writer and voice actor, 2011-2016
I wrote the scripts for our support videos, which involved drafting, editing, and reviewing with subject matter experts and stakeholders. I usually wrote the scripts from scratch, but sometimes I was provided notes or outlines. I also provided the voice work for all our videos and on-camera presence when needed (usually with just my hands).
Personal or Game Journalism
WebPageless, owner and writer
WebPageless is a personal blog and journal. I write here primarily for myself and an audience who already knows me well. These pieces are my most personal, and the tone reflects that. On this blog, some entries follow a bit of stream of consciousness and aren’t always edited.
- Michigan Vacation
- San Diego Comic-Con 2015
- Jackie and Kenneth’s wedding!
- Bellydance IDOL presents Om Kalthoum Tribute Show (and other weekend fun)
- Hawaiian Vacation: Day 2 – Black Friday
Kor’kron 501st, owner and writer
Kor’kron 501st is a blog about World of Warcraft and other related games. It peaked in 2013, but I no longer write here frequently.
- Theramore’s Fall and Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- The Isle of Giants
- Quel’Delar and the Hammer of Purified Flame
- The dangers of mechanohogs
- The Darkspear Rebellion explained and considered
Polygons and Pixels, owner and writer
Polygons and Pixels is a general gaming blog. I no longer write here regularly.
- The strange tale of “bob’s game”
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – true horror and amazing games (Note: Post contains screenshot with partial nudity and corpses.)
- The Last Arcade on the Planet
- Level hubs need to die
- River City Ransom: My foray into the most buttkickingest game ever made
WoW Insider (now rolled into Engadget), contributor
Gaming News Site
- Breakfast Topic: How do relationships in game affect relationships in real life?
- Breakfast Topic: Are you a closet roleplayer?
- Breakfast Topic: Has your perspective of Azeroth changed over time?
Twisted Nether Blogcast, episode guest
The Twisted Nether Blogcast is a podcast about the World of Warcraft blogging community. I was invited to join an episode in 2014 directly following the release of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.
- Episode 237 – Five Oh First!, 11/28/14
Game-Boyz.com, contributing editor, 2011-2015
Gaming News Site
Game Boyz is a game news and review site based in Canada. I joined primarily to review iOS software and cover events in the US. Game Boyz has been on hiatus since 2015 and most of the site is down.
- Lifeline, iOS, 5/13/15
- Peggle Blast, iOS, 2/13/15
- Gemini Rue, PC, 2/23/11